Prenatal massage is a natural, touch therapy treatment aimed at alleviating physical and emotional changes that occur as a result of increased weight, shifting posture, and adjusting hormone levels. Mothers-to-be also endure heightened physical discomfort that ranges from muscular tension and headaches to pressure on the knees.
Prenatal Massage Benefits:
- Eases backaches, headaches, shoulder and neck aches that may be caused by muscle tension and shifts in posture to accommodate increasing weight
- Decreases pain in the pelvic and hip area
- Increases circulation
- Improves digestion
- Reduces fatigue
- Improves skin elasticity that can help reduce stretch marks
- Helps reduce swelling in areas such as hands and lower legs
- Helps stabilize hormone levels by lessening anxiety
All expectant mothers should check with their doctor prior to getting a massage. If you have diabetes or high blood pressure, or are in the early stages of pregnancy, pre-natal massage may not be recommended. It is important to share information about your condition prior to your massage beginning. We do not give prenatal massages during the first three months of pregnancy. We use hypo-allergenic, unscented, non-herbal formulas for pre-natal and post-natal massage. We do a Swedish routine, but follow the recommended procedure for pre-natal massage.
- Unscented Swedish Lotions